I have been working on a final product, but it’s not what it’s supposed to be.
I was tasked with creating an online tool that I would use to demonstrate a database to online learners.
I think this is a problematic task for a number of reasons:
1) I have no real knowledge about the learners
2) I have reservations about “database demos” as a topic for instruction
3) I haven’t had time to do the kind of planning I would normally do for this type of project
4) It seems like this task assumes some homogeneity in distance learners that I suspect isn’t there and should be addressed
5) Thinking about critical pedagogy, sometimes the best way to complete the assignment is to resist the assignment (I hope)
With all of that in mind, I decided not to create the actual item asked for (which is a risk, since this is for a job interview I have on Tuesday). Instead, I put together a fairly basic presentation outlining how I would approach creating such material.
I’m attaching the slides here.
Kennesaw Distance Learning presentation Oct 14 2014